Anger Management Diversion
A structured, time limited variation on the Diversion program. Participation in this program involves completing 6 counseling sessions, following an intake session, with a focus on learning to identify and control behaviors relating to the anger response. Clients must be motivated to complete written assignments between sessions.
Wayne Pre-Trial Services, Inc.
Voluntary, intensive counseling and case management program for early offenders.
- Ages 16 & older, with a goal of reducing the client’s risk of future arrest.
- Referral must be agreed upon by the presiding Magistrate, the District Attorney, and the defense counsel.
- Average 3-4 months of counseling sessions
- Clients with specific treatment needs, chemical dependency or mental health, may be referred for services, where their status in treatment is closely monitored and reported to the court.
- Demonstrate substantial changes in their day to day lives.
- Upon successful completion, a client receives an ACD or best possible outcome.
- Must also be engaged in productive activities, educational program or employment, in order to successfully complete the program.